FINLEY-SHARON SCHOOL NEWS
Thursday, September 15, 2022
BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE, & BE SAFE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:
LOST & FOUND (located outside of Mrs. Larson’s room): The box is starting to fill up!
Today’s Wisdom: “If you feel inspired, set a goal, make an action plan, commit and show up every day until your dreams come true.”
Announcements for Everyone
- Patriot Homecoming t-shirts will be given to Elem. teachers today or may be found in your HS lockers.
- There will be a Vaccination Clinic at the F-S School on Thurs., Sept. 22nd. The Steele Co. Public Health office has provided a list and K-6 students have been given forms, notifying them if they are in need of an immunization. Please take those forms home to your parents and after they are completed, return them to the school office. Thank you!
- The Patriot Booster Club will be holding their main fundraisers in October…a Turkey Dinner on Oct. 9th and a 3 on 3 BB Tourney on Oct. 23rd. Any parent or student who would like to volunteer to help in some capacity, big or small, should contact Tiffany Moen at email@example.com for more information. Proceeds benefit Patriot athletic programs & activities.
Announcements for Elementary:
- Elem Boys BB Coach, Katie Richards, is now taking names of those who would like to play this winter. This is for players in grades 5 & 6. Further details will be sent home with students later, but for now, please email Coach Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org, if your 5th or 6th grader would like to play. Transportation to practices and games will be on your own.
Announcements for High School:
- Save the Date for the Break Free Youth Summit in Bismarck on Oct. 3rd or Fargo, Oct. 4th. Let’s prevent the next generation from a lifelong addiction to nicotine. The Break Free Youth Summit is a full day event that brings youth and adults together to learn about advocacy and to hear from North Dakota legislators and creatively share messages with each other in a fun-filled environment. If you would like to attend, Steele County Public Health, through ND Department of Health and Tobacco Free North Dakota, will take care of the registration fees and transportation cost/mileage, if needed. There's a link to learn more about the event here and on our school’s FB page: Deadline to register is Friday, Sept. 16th!
- There will be a Homecoming Dance at MPCG-HS on Friday night after the football game from 10:00pm - Midnight. If you plan to attend, please sign up on the sheet on the Office door asap. Cost is $5.00 at the door; theme is NEON. You are responsible for your own transportation.
- Homecoming Week:
Thursday: Beach Day; Dodgeball (5th pd.)
Friday: Spirit Day-Grades K-12; Trivia (2nd pd.), Pep Rally--9-12 Athletes eat lunch early & leave by noon
ATHLETICS & ACTIVITIES:
JH FB: practice @ MPCG-HS 4:00
V FB: practice @ MPCG-HS 4:00pm
JH VB: practice @ MPCG-PBJ 4:00pm
C/JV/V VB: practice @ MPCG-HS 4:00pm
CC: practice @ MPCG-HS 5:45am
JH FB: game @ MaSU vs H-N 5:00pm; leave @ TBA
V FB: game @ MaSU vs H-N 7:00pm; leave @ TBA
JH VB: practice @ MPCG-PBJ 4:00pm
C/JV/V VB: practice @ MPCG-HS 6:00am
CC: practice @ MPCG-HS 5:00am
C VB: Jamboree @ Thompson 9:00am
V VB: Tourney @ VCHS 9:00am
Breakfast & Lunch this week:
Thursday: Biscuits & Gravy / Pulled Pork Sandwiches & Baked Beans
Friday: Breakfast Tornadoes / Alfredo Pasta with Garlic Sticks
Monday: Pop Tarts / Orange Chicken over Rice & Butterscotch Pudding for “National Butterscotch Pudding Day!”
Tuesday: Monkey Bread / Taco in a Bag & String Cheese for “National String Cheese Day!”
Wednesday: Egg Bake / BBQs & Baked Beans
Thursday: Oatmeal / Turkey Gravy over Biscuits & Cookies for “National States & Capitals Day”
Friday: Yogurt & Fruit / Hoagies & Chips