BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE, & BE SAFE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:
Encouraging Thought for the Day: “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” Zig Ziglar-Author
LOST & FOUND:
Announcements for Everyone:
- The Shrine Circus will be coming to Grand Forks next weekend—Ralph Engelstad Arena on Friday, Sept. 10th, Saturday, Sept. 11th, & Sunday, Sept. 12th. Area businesses have sponsored tickets for the event and we will be sending tickets home with student in grades K-6 today. Any student wanting a ticket may stop in the school office! Be sure to tell the business who sponsored your ticket “Thanks!”
- School Picture Day is Tues., Sept. 7th, starting at 9:30am. Remember your order packets!
- School fees are due. Class/Activity fees are $20.00/student for the year. Yearbooks are $40.00 and milkbreak is $10.00/student/mo. Thanks for getting these taken care of!
- We want or students and their parents & fans to be fully informed! Be sure to download the Finley-Sharon School App. There is a new update to the app, so if you haven't already noticed the changes, be sure to pop into the Play Store or Apple Store for the update!
- The “Wildlife Explorers” 4-H club will be starting up again on Sunday, Sept. 12th at 4:00pm, meeting in the Finley Lutheran Church basement. The new year starts on Sept. 1st, so parents, please help get your 4-H’er signed up online. If you have questions, contact Becky Serr.
Announcements for Elementary:
- Afterschool Club will begin on Sept. 7th. Registration forms will go home with students today.
Announcements for High School:
- Students in grades 7-12 that have turned in their Acceptable Use Policy may bring their Chromebook home. This is the sheet that is one the back page of the Parent-Student Handbook. If you haven’t turned in your sheet, do so asap! There is a list on the office window as to who has not turned them in.
- Students in grades 7-10 will be Star testing Thursday, 2nd period of this week. Please make sure your Chromebooks are charged and ready to go for these tests. Thursday- Math Test-Grade 7- Mrs. Larson, Grade 8-Ms. Scheitel, Grade 9-Mrs. Anderson, Grade 10-Mrs. Paurus
ATHLETICS & ACTIVITIES:
JH FB practice @ MPCG HS 4:00
V FB practice @ Hope 4:00
JH VB practice @ MPCG-PBJ—PICTURE DAY!!; leave F-S @ 2:45
C/JV/V VB practice @ MPCG HS 3:45—PICTURE DAY!!; leave F-S @ 2:45
JH FB practice @ MPCG HS 4:00
V FB game @ Hope vs LLM 7:00pm-Watch viaGood luck, Spartans!
JH VB practice @ MPCG-PBJ 6:30am; leave @ 5:30am
C/JV/V VB practice @ MPCG HS 6:00am; leave @ 5:30am
CC meet @ Sioux Falls 6:00pm Good luck, Kiaza!
Breakfast & Lunch this week:
Thursday: Long Johns / Taco in a Bag & Spanish Rice
Friday: Apple Turnovers / Tator Tot Hotdish
Monday: NO SCHOOL!
Tuesday: Biscuits & Gravy / Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
Wednesday: Breakfast Burritos / Hot Dogs and Mac & Cheese
Thursday: Pancakes / Pizza
Friday: Banana Bread / Knoephla Hotdish & Rolls