S T A R T S T R O N G !
Reminder—1:30pm Early Dismissal Today!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO: Cuda Duval!
Encouraging Thought for the Day: “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” A.A. Mine-Author/Poet
LOST & FOUND:
Announcements for Everyone:
- The Shrine Circus will be coming to Grand Forks—Ralph Engelstad Arena on Friday, Sept. 10th, Saturday, Sept. 11th, & Sunday, Sept. 12th. Area businesses have sponsored tickets for the event and we will be sending tickets home with student in grades K-6 today. Any student wanting a ticket may stop in the school office! If you go, be sure to tell the business who sponsored your ticket “Thanks!”
- School Picture Day is Tues., Sept. 7th, starting at 9:30am. Students have been given order packets.
- School fees are due. Class/Activity fees are $20.00/student for the year. Yearbooks are $40.00 and milkbreak is $10.00/student/mo. Thanks for getting these taken care of!
- Early Dismissal: We have a 1:30pm early dismissal today, Wed., Sept. 1st! Buses will run around 1:35pm.
- We want or students and their parents & fans to be fully informed! Be sure to download the Finley-Sharon School App. There is a new update to the app, so if you haven't already noticed the changes, be sure to pop into the Play Store or Apple Store for the update!
Announcements for Elementary:
- Afterschool Club forms will begin on Sept. 7th. Registration forms will go home with students in the next day or so.
Announcements for High School:
- Our trainer, Kathy, will be here around noon today!
- Congrats to Kiaza Carlson who finished 13th in the Varsity meet at Carrington yesterday!
- Students in grades 7-12 that have turned in their Acceptable Use Policy may bring their Chromebook home. This is the sheet that is one the back page of the Parent-Student Handbook. If you haven’t turned in your sheet, do so asap! There is a list on the office window as to who has not turned them in.
- Sophomores & Seniors—a rep from Jostens will be here to meet with you about class rings (10th) and graduation caps & gowns (12th) today at 12:30pm.
- Students in grades 7-10 will be Star testing today, 3rd period and Thursday, 2nd period of this week. Please make sure your Chromebooks are charged and ready to go for these tests.
Wednesday- Reading Test-Grade 7- Ms. Larson, Grade 8-Mrs. Paurus, Grade 9-Mr.Taghon, Grade 10-Mr. Gustin
Thursday- Math Test-Grade 7- Mrs. Larson, Grade 8-Ms. Scheitel, Grade 9-Mrs. Anderson, Grade 10-Mrs. Paurus
ATHLETICS & ACTIVITIES:
JH FB-no practice
V FB practice @ Hope 4:00; leave F-S @ 3:00
JH VB-no practice
C/JV/V VB practice @ MPCG HS 3:45; leave F-S @ 3:00
CC practice 3:45
JH FB practice @ MPCG HS 4:00
V FB practice @ Hope 4:00
JH VB practice @ MPCG-PBJ—PICTURE DAY!!; leave F-S @ 2:45
C/JV/V VB practice @ MPCG HS 3:45—PICTURE DAY!!; leave F-S @ 2:45
JH FB practice @ MPCG HS 4:00
V FB game @ Hope vs LLM 7:00pm-Watch viaGood luck, Spartans!
JH VB practice @ MPCG-PBJ 6:30am
C/JV/V VB practice @ MPCG HS 6:00am
CC meet @ Sioux Falls 6:00pm
Breakfast & Lunch this week:
Wednesday: Waffles / Alfredo & Garlic Toast
Thursday: Long Johns / Taco in a Bag & Spanish Rice
Friday: Apple Turnovers / Tator Tot Hotdish
BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE, & BE SAFE!